Monday 13 January 2014

PIGS

http://www.wimdelvoye.be



Wim Delvoye's is challenging the viewers morals by tattooing live pigs with designs such as louis Vuitton, to designs dictated by the pigs anatomy. I am interested to whether i think this is okay, as we do it to humans and the pigs are harmed only briefly and probably have very thick skin. Although the pigs have no way of giving consent or defending themselves. I like the man having the tattoos at the same time, this is similar to my project as i want to make the fish's eating routine and mine exactly the same, so we have a shared experience, although this experience isn't harming the fish. the placing of the fish in the inflatables could be viewed in a similar was as they have no control or say in their placement. I will be interested in whether anyone is angry at my work during the exhibition 

No comments:

Post a Comment