Monday 6 January 2014

DON'T HUG ME I'M SCARED 2

http://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandculture/article/18301/1/beckyjoe-are-this-weeks-dazed-visionaries http://beckyandjoes.com



Becky Sloan and Joseph Pelling are animators who i came across after watching their two short films called 'Don't Hug me Im Scared,' and 'Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 2.' They won the Digital Artist Award in 2010, the Aurora Picture Show peoples choice award in 2012,and the SXSW Midnight Shorts Award in 2012. They present animal 'ish' beings speaking and acting as humans. I want to incorporate animals and humans together in my works, and am influenced by the animalistic costumes Becky & Joe have created. They are presented as having human behaviour by eating, watching TV etc. I like the idea of having animals personifying human tasks/traits, and alighting human problems and issues but in a satirical and humorous way. i like this because i find having humorous, colourful work draws in the viewer. I also want to take into account the brightness of the costumes. They remind me of children's TV shows, making them fun and silly yet incredibly effective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment