Monday 19 May 2014

LIFE DRAWINGS






I also presented the final drawings of my animal heads and some of my stills front he life drawing classes through out the year. I have decided i will continue to draw my animal skulls and do further studies, because i like the animalistic side of my work and this has lead nye to my final piece. i think i am most interested in the head of animals, thats were all my studies and drawings concentrate. this is a description of my practice in the sense that i like to remove that part o the human, and discover a mix of animal/human, or a mythical creature, and create stories or narrative films to do with this image. My influence of the mythical animals from GREEK MYTHOLOGY that i have been 
using to create my new films are a starting point for a part of my practice i would like to encourage and take further in my next projects over summer.  Its strange that i have no interest in doing an anatomical studio of a human head/skull, although a pheasant skull really appeals to me. i think its the shapes and the unlikeness of the finished image that i like, the soul is apparent but i think the strongest are the ones with 2 images inn them, the final ones i did that are not necessarily rushed as such but just not as thought out and lines places specifically, which i think works better and looks more sporadic, spontaneous and uncontrolled.              

No comments:

Post a Comment